Head of the government of the military-civilian administration of the Kherson region Sergey Eliseev
A photo: Video frame
The head of the government of the military-civilian administration of the Kherson region, Sergei Eliseev, answered questions from journalists the day after announcement of the results of the referendum on joining Russia.
PEOPLE WERE AFRAID TO GO TO POWER
– What are the main problems of Kherson that you identified during the three months of your work here?
– The most important problem is probably security. We have formed a government in three months, appointed heads of industries and executive authorities. The process is labor intensive. For the most part, we have managed to complete it by today. In parallel, the formation of the bodies of the CAA of the districts of the Kherson region was going on. We carried out an administrative-territorial reform. Changed the administrative-territorial division of the Kherson region.
– What did it give?
– Now we have 20 military-civilian administrations. Two city and 18 regional. Three months ago, it was difficult for us to find specialists from among the local residents of the Kherson region. Many were afraid to go to the authorities. Now there has been a radical change in the minds of the people of Kherson.
– People willingly get a job. We already have the opportunity to choose specialists for a particular position. Municipal enterprises and educational institutions have started working – this is a great achievement. People believed us. Specialists who came from Russia take part in the activities of the government, and show through their work that Russia has come here forever.
MINISTER dies BECAUSE OF TERRORIST ATTACK
– Will security be one of the major problems for a long time?
– Representatives of the authorities are threatened by the authorities of Ukraine, the Armed Forces of Ukraine. These threats are both targeted and in general, in relation to all authorities. And we see that these threats are being implemented in practice. Minister of Agriculture Alexei Kovalev died as a result of a terrorist attack. There were attempts on employees and activists. And the brightest point of the implementation of the threats of the Ukrainian government was the shelling of Haimars missiles at the regional administration during a meeting of the government of the Kherson region and the heads of district military-civilian administrations. The goal was obvious – to destroy the authorities of the Kherson region. They beat civilians, civilians. There are no arms depots in the government of the Kherson region. The military personnel were also not based there. This is not a war. This terror.
REFERENDUM ATTEMPTED TO BLOW UP
– How do you assess the course of the referendum and its results?
– The referendum is a litmus test of the attitude of the inhabitants of the Kherson region to what is happening. We are preparing for the referendum. We did everything possible to ensure that this referendum took place. The results pleasantly surprised me. I did not expect such activity from the residents of the Kherson region.
– Returning to the topic of security.
“Given the threats that fell on the residents and those who organized the referendum, we understood that these were not empty words. Law enforcement agencies and law enforcement agencies have taken unprecedented security measures. During several days of the referendum, several people were neutralized and detained. They planned to carry out terrorist attacks near polling stations. A large amount of explosives was seized. Improvised explosive devices were designed to inflict maximum damage and injury.
INDEPENDENT KHERSON REGION WILL NOT BE LONG
– Kherson region is now an independent state?
– Yes. After the referendum is held and its results are announced, we consider ourselves an independent state. But today the head of the VGA Saldo sent an appeal to Putin with a request to accept the Kherson region into Russia. I am sure that the process of entry of the Kherson region into the Russian Federation will be fast. All necessary procedures are currently being carried out. Because independent Kherson region will not last long
– How long will the introduction of Russian legislation take?
– Following the example of Crimea, we understand that this is not a one-time process. There will be a transition period. To adapt all management processes in the region. under the regulatory requirements of the Russian Federation. It will take not a month, and not half a year – a longer period. Up to a year, probably. It’s my opinion.
UKRAINIAN WILL REMAIN A REGIONAL LANGUAGE
– Will Ukrainian remain a regional language?
– Yes. The Ukrainian language will have circulation on a par with the Russian language in the Kherson region, no doubt. There are places of residence of the Crimean Tatars, yes – but let’s leave this issue for a later discussion.
HRYVNA WILL GO FOR A LONG TIME
– What will happen to the hryvnia in the Kherson region.
– I am against punitive measures against the hryvnia.
In relation to the prohibition of her walking on the territory of the Kherson region. We understand that many elderly residents of the Kherson region have savings – and they are in hryvnia. Something needs to be done with these savings. Therefore, we will gradually replace the hryvnia with the ruble so that it is not painful for the budget of an ordinary person.
– The timing of the completion of the circulation of the hryvnia in the territory of the Kherson region has not been determined?
– No, not yet determined.
IS RUSSIAN BUSINESS GOING TO KHERSON?
– Are there any specific negotiations with specific representatives of Russian business about joining Kherson?
– They are. But so far there are no results and I will not voice them. Although we are already seeing interest.
WHEN THE BRIDGE OVER THE DNEPR WILL BE RESTORED
– Speaking of security, one cannot help but talk about crossings across the Dnieper.
– We cannot provide one hundred percent security for those people who will go out to repair the Antonovsky bridge yet. Eliminating the threat of missile strikes is the task of the military. There are forces and means for this.
THE PARLIAMENT OF KHERSON CAN BE CHOOSE ON A SINGLE VOTING DAY
– When can elections to the Kherson parliament take place?
– It is too early to speak about any terms of such elections. The process is long and painstaking. I do not rule out that parliamentary elections in the Kherson region will be scheduled next year on the Single Voting Day in the Russian Federation. As an option. Perhaps this will happen earlier. It is too early to talk about specific dates. The Council of Ministers of the Kherson region is working, and in the future it will be the main executive power.
MOSCOW GIVES MONEY
– So far, Moscow is giving money to Kherson?
– Today, the vast majority of financial resources come to us as part of subsidies. From RF. But the process of registration of legal entities in the tax service of the Kherson region continues. The declaration process has begun. We already have a profitable part. Let it be small. About 4 million rubles. But, I think in the near future we will develop much more rapidly than we initially expected.