Sometimes the word “soda” parents scare their children. No matter what properties are attributed to it. And you can wash cars with it, and it corrodes the stomach, and there is more sugar in it than in the recommended daily dosage, and it destroys the enamel of the teeth. Let’s try to figure out if the devil is as scary as he is painted. Nutritionist Ekaterina Misko sorted out for the readers of Pravda.Ru the composition of the most popular – Coca-Cola. Let’s talk about each component in more detail.
What is soda made of
one. Water. Well, everything is clear with her, you can not worry. The human body is on average 60% composed of this ingredient.
2. Sugar. Too much for 100 ml – 10.6 g, about 3.5 teaspoons per 330 ml and 5 per 0.5 l. But in juices, most often, even more, and if you are worried about your figure, choose soda without sugar. Just as tasty and sweet, but there are no extra calories in the composition.
3. Dye sugar color IV. Plain caramel. What is caramel? That’s right – it’s sugar that has been heated to caramelize at a high temperature. Scientifically, E 150IV is an additive recognized as safe by the world community.
Number IV in the title speaks of the method of obtaining by the method of ammonia-sulfite technology. When heated, ammonium and sulfite compounds evaporate, they will not be in the final product. In production, there is no way without them, since the caramel obtained by this particular method is resistant to the action of acid, which is also present in the drink.
4. Orthophosphoric acid. The one that is supposed to destroy your stomach, but there it was. In our stomach, hydrochloric acid is permanently present, which is much stronger than its hyped counterpart. Chemistry textbook confirms this. From orthophosphoric, people with sensitive tooth enamel may experience discomfort. But they came up with an alternative for them – to drink through a straw. And for those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, ulcers), also take it with caution. The main thing is to know the measure.
5. Natural flavors. Don’t be afraid, it’s usually
- vegetable extracts,
- essential oils,
- extracts from spices, fruits, vegetables, meat and dairy products, etc.
Extracted by physical methods:
They are safe and approved for use in the food industry. For example: natural orange flavor is obtained by extracting the flavor from orange peels.
6. Caffeine. The dosage per bottle is comparable to a drunk cup of coffee. To reach the maximum recommended daily dosage, you need to drink at least 2.5 liters. This is not for everyone! But at night it is still better not to abuse it. You can earn sleep disorders.
7. Carbon dioxide. An essential component of all sodas. And even useful mineral waters sin with them. Again, it may not be desirable for people with a problematic gastrointestinal tract. But the problem is solved simply: open the lid, release gases and we can safely drink.
Soda is not evil in the flesh, but an ordinary drink with a good PR agent. For black PR is also a great advertisement! With all the ingredients of soda you meet every day in everyday life. Don’t be afraid of them!
Denial of responsibility: This content, including tips, provides general information only. This is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. For more information, always consult a specialist or your healthcare professional.
Fast news in Telegram channel of Pravda.Ru. Don’t forget to subscribe to stay up to date.