Combat coordination of crews of tanks T-90M “Breakthrough” in the zone of the special military operation. Photo: Press service of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation / TASS
The first, most pleasant and sincere 8 days of the new year are over. The holidays are over and everyone is back to work. And if you have been alone with nature in the past days in a deep forest, at a resort alone with relaxation and loved ones, or just at home, but completely disconnected from the news, then we will tell you what happened in the country and in the world these days.
A selection of the main news of the coming year in the material “KP”.
– As usual, from January 1st of each year new laws and regulations come into force. 2023 is no exception. The changes that have overtaken us are related to tax collections, so they hit the wallet. In more detail, then: excise taxes on tobacco (electronic too) have increased, and smoking will now cost 4% more; gasoline and diesel will also rise in price, again due to excise taxes, and again by 4%. And, perhaps, the most sensitive change will affect everyone, even without cars and addictions – from now on, the 30% discount for paying state duties through the official portal of public services has been canceled. We are looking forward to the queues at the cash desks, who wants to figure it out on their own now?
– In the midst of the weekend, on January 5, when the whole country watched their favorite old films – “Cruel Romance”, “Station for Two” and others, sad news came. 77 year old Nikita Mikhalkov hospitalized with severe pneumonia. Nikita Sergeevich is still in intensive care. Whether it is covid or not is not known, no details about the director’s condition are reported.
Film director Nikita Mikhalkov.
A photo: Evgeniya GUSEVA
– Another Russian actor Artur Smolyaninov, who left Russia after the start of the SVO, in an interview literally stated the following: “I wish that radioactive ashes remain from Russia.” And he expressed his readiness to fight for Ukraine. As you know, in Russia they closely follow the statements of our fellow citizens, even those who are abroad. The head of the Investigative Committee Bastrykin has already instructed to open a criminal case against the actor.
THE STATE OF MATTERS IN THE NWO ZONE
– Tragedy in Makeevka. On New Year’s Eve, at 00:01 a.m. Moscow time, Kyiv launched a missile attack on a temporary deployment point of one of the Russian military units. In total, as it turned out later, 6 missiles were launched by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Two of them were intercepted by our air defense systems, but 4, unfortunately, hit the building. 89 Russian servicemen were killed. “The launcher of the multiple launch rocket system, from which the Armed Forces of Ukraine fired at Makiivka, was destroyed by return fire,” Lieutenant General Sergei Sevryukov said. And not only this installation, but also 4 more located in the vicinity.
According to the Ministry of Defense, the cause of the tragedy was the massive use of mobile phones. Although this is strictly prohibited. “This factor allowed the enemy to locate and determine the coordinates of the location of military personnel.”
Analysis of the destroyed building of the vocational school, where during the shelling by the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the night of December 31, 2022 to January 1, 2023 there were people. Photo: Ivan Noyabrev / TASS
January 8 Command of the Joint Group of Forces of the Russian Federation carried out a retaliatory operation for what happened on January 1st. The retaliation was strikes against temporary Ukrainian troops in Kramatorsk. According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, over 600 fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were liquidated as a result.
– ceasefire regime. At the request of Patriarch Kirill and on behalf of Vladimir Putin, a ceasefire was introduced in the NVO contact zone for a day from January 6 to 7. This was done so that the Orthodox could safely go to the temple on their main holiday. Of course, the Russian side also appealed to the leadership of Ukraine with an appeal to follow the example, to cease fire and give believers an opportunity to pray. But Kyiv responded not even with a refusal, but with this very fire. Donetsk on Christmas Day was shelled 11 times.
Meanwhile, in Kyiv, in the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, for the first time, a Christmas service conducted not by priests Ukrainian Orthodox Church. They were kicked out after humiliating searches and interrogations. Now schismatics, as they are called, are in charge of the Lavra.
IN THE WORLD
– In distant Brazil starting from January 1st very restless. The fact is that the post of president of the country was taken by Lula da Silva. This is his third term. And not everyone liked this state of affairs in the Republic, and immediately after the inauguration ceremony, protests and riots began in the capital. Supporters of opposition candidate (aka former president) Giara Bolsonaro stormed government buildings and demanded a revision of the voting results. Brasilia (the main city of Brazil) even introduced a state of emergency. By the morning of January 9, according to official sources, the situation had returned to normal, the protests were suppressed. Nobody counted the ballots.
Bolsonaro’s supporters, who lost the presidential election, staged pogroms in the capital of Brazil.
A photo: REUTERS
– And in neighboring Mexico seething Mexican passions. But not because of politics, but because of the arrest of a major drug lord Ovidio Guzman Lopez. This significant event for the country happened in the city of Culiacan. And after the streets of this very city turned into a real war zone. The heavily armed members of the drug lord’s gang blocked dozens of streets, the airport and other facilities. They rioted, shot, burned cars. Even a civilian plane came under fire. Dozens of wounded, six dead. Now the situation is stabilized.
– January 8th after almost 3 years of heavy quarantine restrictions, Chinese borders open. And this means that now the inhabitants of the Middle Kingdom are again free people and can travel around the world. According to Chinese news, plane tickets from Beijing and other cities were sold out in an instant.
– The whole world is not that not happy about such a prospect, but slightly tense. The fact is that the incidence of coronavirus infection in China is still very high. Not even so – the highest, a third of the country is sick. Dozens of countries are urgently introducing mandatory testing of Chinese tourists. Russia (represented by Rospotrebnadzor) has not yet reported any additional measures regarding tourists from China.
– All the first days of the new year peace read the memoirs of the English Prince Harry. Excerpts from his future book hit the media. And there are so many revelations. And about drugs, and about dressing up in the form of the Third Reich for Halloween. And fights with my older brother. In a word, everything and even more. Now everyone is wondering if the full version of these memories will see the light of day? Or will the almighty English crown take action and prevent the disclosure of such intimate things?