The current President of Latvia, Egils Levits, has been active in politics since 1993, when he was Minister of Justice in the first independent government
A photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
Arrest in Latvia of Marat Kasem, editor-in-chief of Sputnik-Lithuania on charges of violating the sanctions regime and espionage makes us once again take a closer look at what kind of “democracies” are installed in the Baltic countries, which are declared “exemplary” in the West. A well-informed journalist from the region helped to understand the “subtleties” of the “KP” regimes established there. Given the “high standards of freedom of speech” that exist in Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania, we cannot name our interlocutor for the sake of his safety.
President from … the zoo
– What is the mechanism for imitation of democracy, which allows, in particular, Latvia, spreading its chest wide, to declare: we have all the freedoms here and such a change of power, what’s the matter?
– It is uncomplicated and includes two main tricks: the first – “people are sheep, they will still vote for those who need it”, the second – “we will add as much as necessary.” And more than 30 years of independence of Latvia is a perfect illustration of that. For example, its current president, Egils Levits, has been active in politics since 1993, when he was the Minister of Justice in the first independent government. Then he, by his own admission, a semi-lawyer, but without a legal education, was a judge of the European Court of Human Rights, came to Latvia and gave direct instructions on what the Ministry of Justice should do. Although, it would seem, you are no longer a Latvian official. Levits became president 4 years ago, but recently said: oh, I don’t know if I will run for a second term. Indeed, in Latvia the president is elected only by the parliament, and it is not even he who decides who to vote for.
– They say that sometimes the president was chosen even at the zoo …
– Three Latvian oligarchs – Andris Shkele, Aivar Lembergs (Mayor of Ventspils) and Ainars Shlesers, indeed, while walking in the zoo, decided to appoint Valdis Zatlers as president. The Sejm, which these three controlled, voted like bunnies. And this “president from the zoo” from 2007 to 2011 was the head of state.
– Years go by, and in the political circle of the Baltic countries, all the same people, only positions and parties change …
Yes, the faces are all familiar. For example, Inara Murniece, was a deputy in three convocations of the Seimas, speaker twice, now she will be the Minister of Defense.
Another long-liver is twice Prime Minister of Latvia Krisjanis Karins, who has been in active politics for 20 years. Prior to that, he was a fairly influential businessman, however, with dubious capital. Constantly in the cage, was the Minister of Economics in 2003, twice elected to the European Parliament. But not a record holder. Since 1993, there has been a permanent deputy Janis Urbanovich in the Seimas, he seems to be for the Russians, but lately he has been condemning Russia, Putin and the NWO.
Mayor of Ventspils Aivar Lembergs
A photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
– Another of the Komsomol leaders, it seems?
– Yes, he buried the Latvian Komsomol. Another character, Inese Vaidere, joined the CPSU back in 1977. For 30 years of independence, it has changed 8 parties. Now a member of the European Parliament, before that she was the chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Latvian Seimas. And it has always wavered along with the party line. Now, of course, she condemns the SVO, the Americans ordered, but there was a period when she kissed the gums with Russian senators and said how important it is to have good relations with Russia. I am sure that tomorrow Russia will win, Vaidere will be the first to congratulate the Russians on their victory.
A special copy is Edgar Rinkevich, the irremovable Minister of Foreign Affairs of Latvia since 2011. After coming out in 2012, when “Rinya” discovered that he was a homosexual, he became generally unsinkable. Having barely graduated from the Faculty of Journalism and having worked a little on the Latvian radio, since 1995 he was almost immediately appointed State Secretary of the Ministry of Defense, this is the first deputy minister. Ministers flew like chips, mainly due to corruption scandals, and Rinkevich was sitting as secretary of state in front of everyone. For him, since 2018, just in case, the Americans have prepared the position of Deputy Secretary General of NATO – for all the deflections that the gay minister did in their favor.
There is a cohort of people who simply, like pebbles in a bag, change their position, but remain absolutely unchangeable. Ivars Godmanis was the prime minister twice, the first time was the Latvian USSR, he headed the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Now – in the management of the company “Latvian gas”, which is a third owned by “Gazprom”. Despite all the sanctions and incantations about the “bloody tyranny of Moscow,” he sells, only bypassing, allegedly through the Israelis and Estonians, the same Russian gas at exorbitant prices. By the way, his intelligence card goes through the Latvian newspapers, where he has a pseudonym – “Pugulis”.
Inara Murniece, was a deputy in three convocations of the Seimas, speaker twice, now she will be the Minister of Defense
A photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
“KGB bags” and the president-“sleeper” agent
– There were a lot of passions about the “KGB bags” – given to the agents of the Chekists, who, as it were, were declassified, but the former agent could admit that he collaborated with the committee only of his own free will.
– So it was until December 2018. Two people know the truth – the one who was associated with the committee, and the keeper of the archives in Russian Ulyanovsk. Because personal files for agents were taken out back in 1987. Not fools worked in the KGB, they felt the trends. And the cards and forms remaining in Riga were called “KGB bags”. Godmanis even sued, and, of course, the Latvian court said that he did not cooperate with the KGB and he was not “Pugulis”. But knowledgeable people told the press otherwise.
An interesting story is connected with the President of Latvia. Egils Levits, at the age of 16, went abroad with his family in 1975, sort of like to Israel, but ended up in Germany. And then he got a job as a consultant in the Bundestag. And so he worked there until the collapse of the Soviet Union. But one Latvian journalist found out that there is a high probability that there is a personal file on Levits in Ulyanovsk, he is a so-called “sleeper” agent. The President is very afraid of this topic, just like our Prime Minister Karins is afraid of the topic of grandfather’s cooperation with the Nazis in 1943-1944. Naturally, he set up a whole campaign of harassment for this poor journalist who published the book The Pretender. The fact is that Levits returned to Latvia in 1991, having changed his age and passport data by two years, and was very frightened by the fact that a copy of the questionnaire was published, where, among other things, there is a visa for an employee of the State Security Committee of the Latvian SSR to leave his family to Israel.
There are political dynasties in the Baltic republics, not only children, but also grandchildren of politicians become deputies and ministers, – continues the Baltic journalist. – Vilis Krishtopans was Prime Minister of Latvia in 1998-1999, now he is elected to the Seimas, like his eldest son. And it’s okay there.
Lithuania has an even more striking example. “Father of Independence” Vytautas Landsbergis, also a well-known person involved in the Lithuanian version of the “KGB bags”, decided to promote his grandson, Gabrielius, to the leaders of the country. In 2014, the 32-year-old granddaughter became a member of the European Parliament, then the post of head of the Fatherland Union – Lithuanian Christian Democrats party was cleared for him. Since 2016, he has been a member of the Seimas, and since the end of 2020, he has also been the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania.
Estonia also has its own “heir” – the current Prime Minister Kaya Kallas, the daughter of the former head of the Estonian government Siim Kallas. Why be embarrassed if in the patron country – the USA – is this a normal practice? Bush Sr., Bush Jr., Bill Clinton President and his wife Hillary, who almost became President …
Let’s draw – we will live …
– Regarding the fact that if stupid people vote wrong, then we will add as much as necessary, there is a clearest example, – says our interlocutor. – According to all opinion polls at the beginning of 2003, 75-85% of the inhabitants of Latvia were against the country’s accession to the EU. And – about a miracle! – the referendum in September gives the result: over 60% – for. People still say in the bazaar and on trams: “Did you vote for joining the EU? – Not. – Me neither. And he is not. And she is not.” So where did the majority come from?
A textbook case of vote rigging is 2004, the second round of the presidential elections in Lithuania, in which US citizen Valdis Adamkus and Kazimira Prunskienė, who was considered “pro-Russian”, entered. Prunskienė, according to the electronic voting data, has an advantage over Adamkus. The system freezes unexpectedly for technical reasons. Two hours later, when she was “repaired”, Adamkus was already ahead. The result: he has 52%, she has 48%. It’s just that while America was still sleeping, Prunskene took the lead, and as soon as they woke up, everything fell into place …
BY THE WAY
On the net you can finddeck of cards“Baltic politicians – by analogy with the one that the Americans made up for the wanted Iraqi leaders during the invasion of Iraq. It is called “KGB – the Red Guard of the Baltics” and shows how the current Russophobic elites of the Balts grew out of the Soviet and communist “overcoat”. There are also those characters that our interlocutor spoke about. If interested, ask, for example, at this address: