News

The Cabinet of Ministers published an order on mandatory evacuation from the Donetsk region

The Cabinet of Ministers published a decree dated August 2, introducing the mandatory evacuation of residents from the Donetsk region to safe regions.

According to Ukrinform, the document was published on government portal.

“Conduct a mandatory evacuation population of the Donetsk region. To carry out evacuation to safe areas of Vinnitsa, Volyn, Zhytomyr, Transcarpathian, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kirovograd, Lviv, Poltava, Rivne, Ternopil, Khmelnytsky, Cherkasy and Chernivtsi regions,” the resolution says.

Chairmen of regional state administrations (heads of regional military administrations), together with the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry for the Development of Communities and Territories, the Ministry of Infrastructure, the Ministry for the Reintegration of Temporarily Occupied Territories, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the National Police, the State Emergency Service and with the participation of the Security Service, JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” was instructed to organize and conduct a mandatory evacuation.

Read also: Berdyansk mayor’s office says that you can leave the city without “passes”

As reported, Vice Prime Minister – Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories Irina Vereshchuk stated that 821 people were evacuated from the Donetsk region on August 1 and 2, including 185 children. She also previously reported that a mandatory evacuation from the Donetsk region had begun. The first train arrived on the morning of August 2 in Kropyvnytskyi.

By the autumn-winter period, no more than 235 thousand people should remain in the Donetsk region, involved in the process of defense and supporting the operation of critical infrastructure, the rest should all be evacuated. Until February 24, 1 million 670 thousand people permanently lived in the Donetsk region.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button