From the ministers, the prime minister demanded “clear executive discipline” in the implementation of state programs and other measures aimed at the socio-economic development of the country. Photo: Dmitry Astakhov/POOL/TASS
The federal budget deficit in 2022 amounted to 3.3 trillion. rubles or 2.3% of GDP. This was announced by the Minister of Finance Anton Siluanov at a government meeting on Tuesday, where the results of the budget execution for the past year were summed up.
Despite the deficit that arose in the treasury, the plan for budget revenues last year was overfulfilled.
– The total amount of income amounted to almost 28 trillion. rubles, which is 2.8 trillion. rubles higher than planned, – said Siluanov.
It was possible to increase the flow of money to the treasury at the expense of oil and gas revenues (energy prices rose last year). According to Siluanov, non-oil and gas revenues also grew last year (including due to the increase in VAT).
– As a result of an increase in demand in certain periods of last year, – explained the head of the Ministry of Finance.
– The solution of large-scale tasks required serious budget expenditures – over 31 trillion rubles. At the same time, all social obligations to citizens were strictly fulfilled, support was provided to enterprises, the Prime Minister noted. Mikhail Mishustin.
According to him, the government has yet to take stock of the sectoral areas. This will be done in the first quarter.
“But in general, the indicators are not bad,” Mishustin noted.
From the ministers, the prime minister demanded “clear executive discipline” in the implementation of state programs and other measures aimed at the socio-economic development of the country.
– Budget deficit of 3.3 trillion. – this is an absolutely planned deficit, there is no harm in this. Moreover, in 2023-2025 the budget will also be in deficit – approximately in the amount of 2% of GDP (that’s about 3 trillion rubles). This is due to the lack of income in the economy. There is nothing wrong with that, now a force majeure situation. We are building our economy, we are moving away from the raw material model to offering goods with high added value, – the director of the Center for Market Research of the Higher School of Economics explained on the radio KP. Georgy Ostapkovich. – All countries, when such a transformation of the economy takes place, go through the process of budget deficit. By the way, the USA and Great Britain have been in a chronic budget deficit for 8 years. At the same time, there are no problems with education, incomes of the population, access to medicine and science.
According to Georgy Ostapkovich, the Russian budget deficit in the coming years can be easily covered at the expense of the National Welfare Fund.
– Moreover, we can borrow on the domestic market, the Ministry of Finance issues bonds. Therefore, of course, the budget deficit will be repaid. But such a situation cannot be maintained for a long time, it is necessary to raise the economy so that they make a profit, so that the tax base increases, so that people receive higher salaries and then the budget deficit can be eliminated, Georgy Ostapkovich noted.