Sergei Shoigu gave detailed explanations
A photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
ALL NATO AND THE WEST AGAINST US
– Sergey Kuzhugetovich, how are things in Ukraine now, if possible, could you tell us more about this?
– In fact, a lot of hard combat work is underway, which is carried out with honor by our servicemen, servicemen of the Luhansk, Donetsk People’s Republics, other units, volunteers. You know that the LPR has been liberated, movement across the DPR continues, and part of the Kherson and Zaporozhye regions are also under control.
And here, of course, I cannot help but emphasize that today we are at war not so much with Ukraine and the Ukrainian army as with the collective West. Because the weapons that Ukraine had have actually ended today.
It was a former Soviet weapon, many of the Young Europeans, especially the zealous ones, are trying. They, in my opinion, cleaned out everything they had, carefully swept all the warehouses in order to transfer everything (to Ukraine. – Ed.). But we are constantly knocking out, knocking out, and the time has already come when we are really at war with the collective West. Plus NATO. It can be vice versa – NATO plus the collective West.
And when we talk about this, we mean not only the weapons that are supplied in huge quantities, but also systems: communications, information processing and intelligence, including satellite. Well, imagine what works for them… I will say not even ON THEM, but actually the entire NATO satellite constellation is working AGAINST US. We estimate that more than 70 military and more than 200 civilian satellites are working to scout the location of our units.
Well, then what is called high-precision weapons. We were surprised that lately they have been trying to hide its number. But why. Because almost every day we see the strikes of these weapons on the civilian population. They hit hospitals, they hit crowded places. Literally yesterday, civilians died from the impact of this weapon. And this is not the first death.
We thought it was such a lack of control. But in fact, on the contrary, it is complete absolute control! Under the control of Western instructors, of which there (in Ukraine. – Ed.) There are quite a lot. The last group that arrived – both former military personnel and current ones – was 150 people. This is actually a completely Western command sitting in Kyiv, which is in charge of all these things.
HALF OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMY IS NO LONGER
– At the initial stage, the armed forces of Ukraine were about 201-202 thousand people, – continues Sergei Shoigu. – During this time, more than 100,000 of their losses. They killed 61,207 people, wounded 49,368 people. And these are quite significant losses. Half have already been lost.
That is why they are already in the fourth wave of mobilization. Almost 300,000 have been mobilized. As they say, from the beach to the station there is a capture.
And, of course, one cannot fail to mention here the instructors. But not just instructors, but mercenaries who are in this environment, there are a little more than a thousand of them left there, on the spot. Someone left, someone died – more than two thousand mercenaries died. But they, of course, tried and are trying to contribute. And the main thing here is not that they arrived there. The main thing is that the recruitment of these people is actually under the sovereign’s tutelage. That is, the state from which they came, it actually recruits these mercenaries or turns a blind eye to those who are engaged in this recruitment.
Naturally, I cannot but say about our losses. Our losses today are 5,937 dead. And here again and again I cannot fail to note our guys who courageously fulfill their duty. I can’t say enough about our doctors. Of the total number of wounded, more than 90% returned to duty. These are the guys who went through our hospitals and continue to serve.
And here I will return to what is happening in Ukraine. We continue to fulfill the tasks that have been set before us. Not easy, sometimes very difficult. But we will fulfill them.
WE HAVE SERVED 25 MILLION. MOBILIZE ONLY 1%
– The President of Russia made a decision on partial mobilization. Tell us in more detail how it will pass, who is subject to conscription, in what quantity and how will work be carried out with those called up from the reserve?
– You correctly said – exactly FROM THE RESERVE. These are not some people who have never seen or heard anything about the army. Indeed, these are those who have served, have a military specialty, that is, the specialty that is needed today in the Armed Forces. Has combat experience.
Of course, I want to preface the questions right away. There is no question of any mobilizations, appeals of students studying in universities, under any circumstances. Everyone calmly goes to class.
Naturally, like everyone who serves on conscription. They are not subject to any mobilization, direction to the zone of the special operation. Our conscripts continue to serve as they did on the territory of Russia.
We have a huge mobilization resource. That is, the resource of those who have served, who have combat experience, a military specialty. We have almost 25 million of them. This partial mobilization is 1% or a little more. 1.1%, maybe, of the total mobilization resource.
The contact line itself (you can call it the front line) is more than a thousand kilometers. Naturally, what is behind, and what is along this line, must be secured, the territories must be controlled. And, of course, in the first place, it is for this that partial mobilization is needed.
Of course, they (mobilized. – Ed.) will be trained or retrained. Of course, the coordination of crews, teams, squads, platoons will take place. And only after that they will go to perform the tasks that are assigned to them.
300 THOUSAND RESERVES
– Can we talk about the specific number of called-up reservists?
– Oh sure. 300,000 reservists will be called up. I want to say right away that it is not a one-time thing. It does not provide for such a wide-cut harvester, a sieve such as to capture everyone quickly. The work will be carried out as planned. It so happened that at the same time, according to our plans, we were to conduct mobilization meetings. In past years, they collected for two weeks or someone for more time to restore the driving skills of the equipment. And here the fees coincided with the announcement of partial mobilization. Therefore, we are canceling planned activities, we will be engaged in partial mobilization.
– What are the prospects for the special operation?
– There may be particulars, there may be some deviations both in terms and in actions. But there is a main and main task that has been set. And this task is being carried out.
Vladimir Putin’s address on partial mobilization in Russia September 21, 2022: Transcript, full text of speech
Putin announced partial mobilization in Russia (details)