News

Russian Federation has not yet provided official lists of the dead prisoners of war in Yelenovka – GUR

This was stated by the representative of the press service of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Andrey Yusov on air national telethon.

“The Coordinating Headquarters for the Treatment of Prisoners of War immediately turned to the Russian Federation regarding the provision of lists of the dead wounded as a result of this terrorist attack committed by the invaders, as well as the return of the bodies of the dead Ukrainian defenders. The Russians have not yet provided official answers within the framework of international law, the Geneva Convention, ”said Yusov.

According to him, the lists of those killed and wounded published by the Russian media are being worked out, but there is no reason to trust them, since they have not been confirmed.

“There is no reason to trust and say that these lists are confirmed. In particular, because during the check the lists that were unilaterally made public via the Internet by the Russians, there are among the wounded, including those Ukrainian soldiers who had already been wounded before, before these events in Yelenovka, and who at the time of the terrorist attack should have been in a hospital, not in a barracks in an industrial zone,” Yusov said.

He also said that Ukraine had submitted a request from the Coordination Headquarters regarding the return of the bodies of the dead defenders and captured fighters who were injured.

“About the bodies of the dead – they must also be returned to Ukraine. Arguments about the conduct of the investigation… If this is an investigation without the involvement of international experts, not within the framework of the International Criminal Court, then there can be no question of an objective investigation. And there are questions of timing – is it not just a dragging out of time. Because the investigation can take months or years. So far, Russia is not behaving like a country that wants to prove its innocence in this crime,” Yusov said.

The consequences of the explosion in the Yelenovskaya colony, 07/29/2022 Photo: t.me/informnapalm

As reported, on July 29, Russian propaganda media reported that as a result of an alleged attack by ZSU on a penal colony in the occupied Yelenovka, Volnovakha district, Donetsk region, where Ukrainian prisoners of war were kept, 53 people were killed and 75 were injured.

AT The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine indicatedthat the artillery shelling of the colony in the occupied Yelenovka was carried out by the troops of the Russian Federation in order to hide the torture and execution of Ukrainian prisoners of war held there, and by statements that the colony was shelled by the Ukrainian Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Russian occupiers are trying to accuse Ukraine of committing “war crimes”.

Office of the Attorney General launched an investigation because of the explosion in the Yelenovskaya colony, where Ukrainian prisoners of war were kept. Criminal proceedings were opened on the fact of violation of the laws and customs of war (part 2 of article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine).

human rights activists declaredthat the death of several dozen Ukrainian prisoners of war, who are being held by Russian invaders on the territory of the Yelenovskaya correctional colony No. 120, occurred due to an internal explosion, and not due to shelling, since there was no sound of an arrival characteristic of it.

According to the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, the death of Ukrainian soldiers as a result of explosions in Yelenovskaya colony No. 120 occurred as a result of a terrorist attack, which was carried out by mercenaries from the PMC “Wagner” (League) at the command of its owner Yevgeny Prigozhin. This decision was not agreed with the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation and was intended to hide evidence of the theft of funds allocated by the Russian Federation for the maintenance of Ukrainian prisoners of war.

Maxar satellite photos prove that the massacre of Ukrainian prisoners of war in occupied Yelenovka in the Donetsk region made by the Russiansbecause they show that the barracks in the colony where the Ukrainians were kept were blown up from the inside.

The Russian occupants did not satisfy the requests of the ICRC representatives for access to the place of death of Ukrainian prisoners of war in Yelenovskaya colony No. 120 in the occupied territory of the Donetsk region.

***

At 4 am on February 24, 2022, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a “special military operation” in the occupied Donbas. Russia launched missile strikes on the territory of Ukraine and launched a direct full-scale invasion in four directions. The armed forces of Ukraine are rebuffing the enemy, the blitzkrieg plan – to capture Kyiv in two or three days – failed, the Russian army retreated from the capital. The Russian military commits thousands of war crimes and crimes against humanity throughout Ukraine.

Center for Investigative Journalism maintains a daily chronicle Russia’s war against Ukraine on all platforms: YouTube, facebook, Telegram, Twitter

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button