Acting head of the Donetsk People’s Republic Denis Pushilin during a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin. Photo: Mikhail Klimentyev / Press Service of the President of the Russian Federation / TASS
After the evening inmeeting with Acting Head of the LPR Pasechnik Vladimir Putin received DPR leader Denis Pushilin in the Kremlin. Both officials from Novorossiya on Tuesday received the Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 1st degree, from the president. Pushilin first came to the office of the head of the country for a report, as an ordinary regional leader.
– It is clear that in Donetsk the security situation is no less acute, and perhaps even more acute (than in Lugansk – Ed.), Taking into account the intensifying shelling by the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the residential areas of Donetsk, – the president admitted at the very beginning.
Putin asked to tell how local residents are provided with housing, heat and heating. Pushilin’s response story turned out to be sad.
In Donetsk, Makeevka and Gorlovka, water is provided every three days for two hours. Communications are severely damaged, it is often impossible to turn on the water supply – everything just spills onto the ground.
– Thank you very much for the decision to build a new conduit from the Don River, – thanked the acting head of the DPR.
The Moscow authorities are helping Donetsk with the repair of communal infrastructure. But there is still a lot of work.
About heating in Donetsk and Mariupol, Pushilin tactfully said: “The situation is now closed as much as possible under the current conditions.” At the same time, many boiler houses do not work due to lack of water and electricity.
– Those remaining public utilities, they are our real heroes. Any shelling – they immediately go out. I will have a request, there is an element of justice, in those areas that are now practically at the forefront, including Donetsk, to introduce wage rates for them directly, – the official suggested.
– Regarding these shellings: as I understand it, the attacks fall directly on the residential areas of Donetsk, right? – said Putin.
– Purposeful, fan-shaped work on the areas, – Pushilin confirmed.
“I draw your attention to the fact that no foreign mass media, human rights organizations, as they say, vote on this issue,” the president concluded.
The head of state spoke about the possibility of transferring the most seriously ill patients from Donetsk to federal hospitals. The Ministry of Health is ready to deal with transportation if necessary.
Putin said that doctors from Novorossia should be sent for retraining. After all, as you know, a doctor who stops learning stops being a doctor.
“They must be included in the system of additional training of the Russian Ministry of Health,” the Russian leader instructed.