Vladimir Putin met with journalists. Photo: Sergey Bobylev / TASS
Vladimir Putin in Sochi after completion negotiations between Armenia and Azerbaijan met with reporters. Here are the questions he answered:
CAN YOU TELL WHAT YOU KNOW FROM THE FINAL STATEMENT?
– Can I say? Can! But not necessary. These are thin sensitive things for both sides,” the president replied.
He further commented on the past peace talks between Yerevan and Baku, which took place in Prague without the participation of Russia.
– It is clear why without us. European partners are trying to exclude Russia from all formats. It is clear that in some cases this is not possible, as now, for example. But in any case, we welcome the efforts aimed at reducing the confrontation.
HOW IS THE BORDER DIFFERENTIATION OF ARMENIA AND AZERBAIJAN GOING ON?
– Delimitation is the most important issue, we talked a lot about it. There are some prerequisites that the path has been found. Prerequisites that agreements can be reached … We are ready to provide maps of the USSR General Staff (to determine the boundaries – Ed.). These are the most accurate maps.
RUSSIA SUSPENDED GRAIN DEAL…
– The whole process of exporting grain was organized under the pretext of the interests of the poorest countries. But 34% of the grain ended up in Turkey, 45% – in the EU, 3-5% only goes to the poorest countries. But did they do everything for this? But that’s not the point. The point is the attack from Ukraine on the ships of the Black Sea Fleet. These drones – both underwater and aerial – were in the grain corridor. They created a threat to our ships and civilians. And if Ukraine goes to court, we will be to blame. We do not stop participation in the operation, we suspend it. Let the UN work with Ukraine and ensure that there are no more threats.
WILL THERE BE A DECREE TO COMPLETE THE MOBILIZATION?
– The decree on the beginning was made at the suggestion of the Ministry of Defense. Now the Ministry of Defense proposes to complete the partial mobilization. It is completed, the point is set. 41 thousand mobilized now in combat formations. 259 thousand – in the troops, they do not take part in hostilities, but improve their training.
IMPACTS ON UKRAINE – A RESPONSE TO THE ATTACK IN SEVASTOPOL?
– Partly so! But that’s not all we could do.
WHAT IS RUSSIA READY TO OFFER IN NEGOTIATIONS WITH UKRAINE?
– To start offering, negotiations must take place. Putting a negotiating position on the table in advance is not always advisable. So we agreed with them in Istanbul – they took it and then threw everything into the basket. And now they have forbidden themselves to talk about something with us. Well, how can we now discuss possible agreements if there is not even a desire on the other side to talk to us? We will wait, maybe some necessary conditions will ripen. And our good will is known.
ARE THERE BUYERS FOR OUR GAS?
– I know that there are many consumers, and there are many who want to buy Russian gas. Turkey is a possible route for supplies to Europe. It is clear why we proposed to build a gas hub in this country – because it is difficult to work directly with European partners. Plus, gas pipelines were blown up. The Europeans have closed their mouths, they are silent, as if they should. Someone else had the audacity to say that we ourselves blew it up. They invent nonsense.
– Turkey is easier to work with. Erdogan is a man of his word. If they agree, they do it. In addition, it is easier for us to control the Black Sea.
Putin said that the head of Gazprom, Alexei Miller, reported on the first results of the inspection of the terrorist attack at the bottom of the Baltic.
– Two funnels, 3 and 5 meters deep. A pipe 40 meters long was torn out, the gap is – in total, the pipes diverged by 259 meters, and this piece of pipe, which was torn out, bent it 90 degrees and threw it 40 meters to the side, just in the direction of Nord Stream 2, which also turned out to be damaged, apparently by this explosion and fragments, – the president explained.
WILL YOU GO TO THE G20?
– No decision has been made yet.