Vladimir Vladimirovich, unexpectedly for many, delivered a keynote speech at a quite ordinary meeting of the Council for Strategic Development and National Projects. Photo: Mikhail Metzel/POOL/TASS
Whether this year the president will have a message to the Federal Assembly or not is not clear. The Kremlin is silent on this matter. But Vladimir Vladimirovich unexpectedly for many, delivered a keynote speech in a quite ordinary meeting of the Council for Strategic Development and national projects. Whatever the message, however, Putin spent an hour talking to ministers and governors about the six goals for renewing the country next year.
– As you know, an unprecedented sanction aggression has been launched against Russia. Its goal is to crush our economy, through the robbery of our foreign exchange reserves, to collapse the national currency and provoke destructive inflation. This calculation was not justified, – the head of the country said at the very beginning.
Although the blow to the economy still turned out to be not weak: according to the government’s calculations, we will face deficit budgets until 2025. Already next year will have to borrow 3 trillion. rubles. True, the president assured that in the rest of the G-20 countries the budget deficit is even greater.
The head of the country once again announced that Russia is not going to lock itself away from other countries. We will trade with the Middle East and Africa, since the West is hiding from us. And Asia is a rich buyer. True, even by 2030, as Putin said, we will be able to sell to the East only 60% of the gas (88 billion cubic meters) that Europe bought from us a year ago.
But the EU still loses more from trade sanctions.
– Today, the EU authorities themselves say that the policy of their main partner, the United States, directly leads to the de-industrialization of Europe. Sometimes in their statements there are even words of resentment. Like, why are you doing this to us? In this regard, I would like to ask: what do you want? What else is done with those who allow themselves to wipe their feet? the president asked rhetorically.
Even within the framework of the EAEU (besides us, there are also Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Belarus), a system of “work without borders” is being created.
– 500 thousand vacancies and 2 million resumes, – Putin specified.
It will be easier for those relocated to work for them, and for their migrants to work with us.
The head of state reminded the government that Russia must achieve “technological leadership” in artificial intelligence, industry, drones and so on.
The President was dissatisfied with the fact that the program of preferential leasing of Russian ships and aircraft did not work. He once again instructed to give money for planes this year, although there were only two weeks left. And on ships – in the first quarter of 2023.
– We do not need to borrow abroad, we do not need to go into bondage. We are not going to go into bondage,” Putin reassured.
The Russian leader explained that financial sovereignty would be given to us by international ruble payments. We started paying twice as much to our “wooden” ones compared to December 2021. Now it accounts for a third of payments with other countries.
Preferential mortgage decided to gradually roll up. It will last until July 1, 2024 (initially, its end was prepared for this New Year), but from next year the rate will increase to 8%.
Now anyone can get a preferential loan for 3-30 years – the main thing is to buy an apartment in a new building, and not in a secondary building. Maximum amount: 12 million rubles for Moscow, the Moscow region, St. Petersburg and the Leningrad region, 6 million rubles for other regions.
At the same time, family mortgages will be expanded. A loan at 6% will be available to all families with two minor children. Before that, only parents with a child born from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2023 were given a loan.
Residents of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions will generally receive a mortgage at 2% in new buildings.
Putin said that after children’s payments to needy families, double indexation of the subsistence minimum, minimum wage and pensions, the number of official poor fell to 10.5 million people.
Next year, it was instructed to “fix the momentum”.
– Among those who work, there should not be those who make ends meet, – said the head of the country.
REVIVAL OF DONBASS
“All-Russian standards of social security will be introduced in new regions, a maternity capital program will appear here, families in need will receive payments from the state, pensions will increase, and so on,” Vladimir Vladimirovich promised. – We will develop primary health care in new regions, build kindergartens, nurseries and schools.
The ministers should create a program for the development of new territories at the beginning of next year. By 2030, Novorossiya should reach the all-Russian level of quality of life.
– And I would like to draw your attention to the fact that the indicated relatively distant period does not in any way mean that this task can be postponed until later. Responsibility will be personally borne by the relevant ministers and vice-premiers, the president warned.