A photo: Vladimir VELENGURIN
On Thursday, August 4, a Komsomolskaya Pravda journalist contacted a Kremlin official from the Veukovo II government airport by phone.
– … Dmitry Sergeyevich, what topics will Presidents Putin and Erdogan discuss tomorrow in Sochi, where are we flying now? (Journalists left early.) For example, information has already been received that the grain conveyor has started working. Yesterday, in Istanbul, the first ship arrived from Odessa and has already been sent on to its destination. What other life issues will be on the agenda? Be more specific if possible…
Here, verbatim, is the content of the entire conversation.
– Firstly, this is still a bilateral visit, two presidents agreed on it in Tehran. And the talks will be held in the development of those discussions that took place in Tehran.
First of all, these are various dimensions of our bilateral relations, this is trade and economic cooperation, this is a discussion of regional conflicts. (In particular, the issue related to the aggravation on the border between Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh has already been included in the agenda. – AG) An exchange of views is expected both on Ukrainian and Syrian affairs. This requires the personal attention of two presidents.
There will also be an exchange of views on how the first flight with grain from Odessa went – in general, this is a good opportunity to evaluate the effectiveness of the mechanism that was created thanks to the Istanbul agreements.
Well, and many other issues on the agenda.
– There – in Odessa – either 17, or 20-odd ships of ships with grain still remain …. Is there any hope or guarantee that the rest of the ships will also pass through all the routes without a hitch?
– This is not a one-time mechanism, but a mechanism that is designed to ensure the export of the grain that has accumulated in these ports. Therefore, we hope that this mechanism will continue to work just as effectively.
– And another question arises. I called Istanbul yesterday and talked to some experts, in particular, to Stankevich. He says that there are a lot of people from Azerbaijan, from Russia and so on. And many people think that the launch of this international grain conveyor somehow raises international relations to a new level, it somehow stands apart from our special operation. We observe the interaction not of two countries, but of four parties – Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and the UN.
– This is a good example of the fact that the most difficult issues can be resolved taking into account the interests of all parties.
Here, in this case, one can also note the very positive role of Guterres (UN Secretary General. – A.G.) and, of course, the huge contribution that Turkish President Erdogan made personally. Yes, this is an example of how you can negotiate …
– And another question. Usually our president rewards the leaders of other states who help us, help the world. Is it planned to award Mr. Erdogan?
– I do not know that there were such plans. So far there have been no such decisions.
– Thank you very much.