Ukrainian militants mined a dam
A photo: REUTERS
“According to the available reliable information, in Artemovsk (Makhmut) of the Donetsk People’s Republic, militants of the Ukrainian armed formations mined the dam of the city reservoir, which they plan to blow up, after which the Kyiv authorities, according to an already worked out scenario with wide coverage in Ukrainian and Western media, will accuse the Russian Armed Forces of allegedly indiscriminate strikes against hydrodynamically dangerous objects,” he said at a recent briefing. Mikhail Mizintsev, Head of the Russian Interdepartmental Coordination Headquarters for Humanitarian Response.
The colonel-general noted that in the event of this inhuman provocation, in the zone of predicted flooding, “residential areas of the city with a population of more than 35,000 people will turn out. In addition, after the departure of water, damage to life support systems (water supply, sewerage and treatment facilities) is possible, which will lead to a sharp deterioration in the sanitary and epidemiological situation.”
“We warn the world community and international organizations in advance about the impending provocation, which may result in civilian casualties. Once again, we emphasize that in the course of a special military operation, the Russian Armed Forces do not strike at civilian targets,” Mizintsev stressed.
Meanwhile, units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the territorial defense continue to use residential buildings, educational institutions and other social infrastructure for military purposes:
– “In Krivoy Rog units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are deployed in residential buildings (Volshebnaya Street), weapons and ammunition depots are equipped, while the evacuation of local residents was not carried out.
– “In Novodmitrovka In the Donetsk People’s Republic, on the territory of an agricultural enterprise, militants of nationalist battalions have placed artillery and MLRS, from which they systematically fire at the positions of the Russian Armed Forces, provoking them to return fire.
– “In Dnipro On the territory of the industrial school (Sergei Nigoyan Avenue) and in the building of the hostel of the National University (Gagarin Avenue), territorial defense units are deployed, ammunition depots are equipped, while the evacuation of residents from nearby houses was deliberately not carried out.
“These facts once again demonstrate the complete disregard of the norms of international humanitarian law by the Kyiv authorities. Despite repeated statements by the Interdepartmental Coordination Headquarters of the Russian Federation for Humanitarian Response, such cynical actions of the Kyiv regime still remain without the attention of the world community,” Mikhail Mizintsev drew the attention of media representatives.
– “Over the past 24 hours, without the participation of the Ukrainian authorities, 26,658 people, including 3,907 children, have been evacuated from dangerous regions of Ukraine and the Donbass republics to the territory of the Russian Federation, and in total since the beginning of the special military operation – 2,924,526 people, of which 463 897 – children.
-“The state border of the Russian Federation was crossed by 478,897 vehicles, including 7,035 vehicles per day.
More than 9.5 thousand temporary accommodation centers continue to operate in the constituent entities of the Russian Federation. Individual work is carried out with the arriving refugees, they are promptly assisted in resolving issues related to further placement and employment, providing children with places in kindergartens and educational institutions, as well as providing social payments and benefits.”
– The “Hot Line” of the Interdepartmental Coordination Headquarters of the Russian Federation for Humanitarian Response, federal executive authorities, constituent entities of the Russian Federation and various public organizations received 21 requests for evacuation to Russia, to the territory of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics over the past day, as well as to the areas of Zaporozhye, Mykolaiv, Kharkiv and Kherson regions controlled by the Russian Armed Forces. In total, the database contains 2,759,726 such appeals from 2,139 settlements of Ukraine and from the territory of the Donetsk People’s Republic controlled by the Kyiv authorities.”
– “For a significant part of Ukrainians, actually betrayed by their own criminal government, Russian humanitarian aid remains the only way to survive. Over 52,000 tons of essentials, food, medicines and medical supplies have been prepared at collection points. 48,968.8 tons of humanitarian aid have been delivered to the republics of Donbass and Ukraine (since March 2, 2022), 1,374 actions have been carried out, including six in the past 24 hours in the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, Zaporozhye and Kharkov regions, during of which 468.5 tons of humanitarian aid were transferred to the civilian population.
Military special operation in Ukraine July 28, 2022: live online broadcast
The kp.ru website publishes online the latest news about the Russian military special operation in Ukraine on July 28, 2022 (details)
How Wagner PMCs in Donbass Opened the Nazi Fortress at Uglegorsk Thermal Power Plant: Taken by Spirit and Military Science
kp.ru special correspondent Alexander Kots told how Wagner PMCs in Donbass stormed the Nazi observation post at the Uglegorsk TPP (details)
Ukraine begins to die: why the inhabitants of Zaporozhye, tired of violence and betrayal, welcome Russia with joy
Have 30 years of Ukrainian occupation ended in the liberated territories of Zaporozhye? KP special correspondent Dmitry Steshin saw it with his own eyes in Melitopol (details)