The Pentagon plans to create a new special command for Ukraine
A photo: REUTERS
NEW COMMAND FOR UKRAINE. FROM THE PENTAGON
The New York Times reported that the US military plans to create a new special command for Ukraine, which will manage and coordinate all the processes of supplying Kyiv with weapons and training the Ukrainian army. About 300 employees will be recruited into the staff of the new Pentagon command. This is the traditional practice of the US Department of Defense in recent decades for those countries that the Americans occupy. Recall that similar commands were created by the Pentagon for Iraq and Afghanistan.
However, so far they have not been able to boast of anything other than “efficient use of funds”. And there is no reason why the situation should be different in this case.
THE MINISTRY OF DEFENSE OF THE BRITAIN DOES NOT ALLOW UKRAINIANS IN THEIR HOUSES
A new disappointment in the British Isles has been prepared by the British Ministry of Defense for Ukrainian refugees. Now in the county of Wiltshire alone in the south of Britain, more than 1,350 houses that belong to the military department of the kingdom are empty. Representatives of local authorities have repeatedly appealed to the Ministry of Defense with requests to allow families of Ukrainian refugees to live in these houses. Only in this county there are now more than 360 families from Ukraine who are in dire need of housing. But the Ministry of Defense is adamant.
– The fact that the Ministry of Defense did not liberate the houses is a shame. I’m on the brink of a housing crisis,” Wiltshire County Council Chairman Richard Clover told the Daily Mail.
No, the British Ministry of Defense can be understood. After eviction, many Ukrainian refugees leave their houses and apartments in such a state that it is easier to rebuild than to clean and repair. And Mr. Clover could start by experimenting on his apartment.
WASTE AND GARBAGE INSTEAD OF GAS
The head of Naftogaz Ukrainy, Yuriy Vitrenko, may well shout: “Eureka!” He discovered a new raw material that will make it possible to abandon gas for space heating. As a matter of fact, the raw material is not entirely new; it is used in many countries of the world. We are talking about biomass and all kinds of waste.
– The experience of Zhytomyr shows that in most cases it is possible to switch from natural gas to another heating system by the next heating season, for example, to biomass, garbage. In addition to learning from this positive experience, we are working with the city of Zhytomyr on three projects to produce heat and electricity from biomass. In this case, it is biomass and household waste. It is economically and environmentally beneficial,” Vitrenko explained.
True, he kept silent that for such a transition, technologies that are not available in Ukraine are needed, and investments are needed for their implementation. That is, money that, by definition, Square does not have now. And at the level of home stoves, such technologies have long been used in villages, including Ukraine.
AND WITHOUT YATSENYUK THE WALL IS HIGHER AND “BEST”
Poland has completed the construction of a wall on the border with Belarus, which should prevent illegal migrants from entering Polish territory.
– Illegal entry into Poland is currently not possible. The Polish border today is the most protected in Europe, – said the official representative of the Polish special services, Stanislav Zharyn.
The construction of this wall on the border of Poland began in 2021 and has already been fully completed. The project cost 330 million euros. And, although some advised the Poles to involve the ex-Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk, who was trying to implement a similar project in Nezalezhnaya, for the implementation, the Poles prudently did not follow him. They built the wall and saved money.
Now it remains only from the side of Belarus to hang advertisements for the Poles on the sale of firewood on these fences.
The leaders of Western democracies have recently made several trips to oil and gas bearing countries in order to convince them to increase production and exports. In particular, US President Joseph Biden and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz were noticed in this. But, as it turned out, their negotiations ended in a complete fiasco. Moreover, the effect was the opposite.
And now, according to leading business agency Bloomberg, just a few days later on October 5, a group of oil-exporting countries and non-OPEC oil-bearing countries (OPEC +) planned to decide to cut oil production by more than 1 million barrels. per day. Although a number of experts believe that in order to stabilize oil prices at a fairly high level (above $90 per barrel), a reduction of half the volume would be enough. But either a million sounds prettier, or Joseph Biden was very persuasive during his negotiations.
WINTER WILL BE…
The European Center for Medium Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF) is predicting a colder-than-usual winter for Europe. Moreover, as reported by the Financial Times, frost is not the worst thing that can happen in winter. The forecast promises less than usual amount of precipitation and winds, which will negatively affect the generation of new “progressive” generating capacities, for example, the same wind turbines. Recall that in the summer their electricity generation has already seriously decreased due to calm. As well as the production of hydroelectric power plants due to dehydration of water bodies.
If the forecast comes true, the European authorities are unlikely to be able to successfully deal with rising energy prices.
– From October 1, free travel for Ukrainians through the territory of Austria on the railway was canceled. Free travel on public transport in Vienna has also been cancelled.
– The world boxing champion Oleksandr Usyk visited the hospital, where, according to his manager, he was applauded by armless and legless Ukrainian soldiers, who said that he was not needed in the hospital.
– The Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation decided to recognize the treaties on the admission of new subjects to Russia as consistent with the Constitution of the Russian Federation.
– The Biden administration has stated that it is ready to allocate $1.5 billion to Ukraine every month for as long as there is a war with Russia, and called for a similar decision by European allies.
– The authorities of the Czech Republic expelled a German citizen for a sticker on a car with the letter Z and the inscription “We do not leave our own” on the car. In addition, he is banned from entering the Czech Republic for the next four years.