We all sooner or later think about our diet: problems with weight, skin, health in general make us open our refrigerator and examine its contents with skepticism. We ask ourselves the questions “what to exclude from the diet?” and “how can I start eating right?”, looking for our way to a healthy and beautiful body.
Fitness at home
Meanwhile healthy and proper nutrition is not a strict debilitating diet, not a mockery of the body and not depriving it of its joys, this is just a series of rulesunder which you can radically change yourself, acquire new good habits, a beautiful figure and significantly extend your life.
Our body is a reflection of what we eat
Obesity has become a huge problem for modern people – we move less, consume a large amount of fatty foods, high-calorie sauces, sweets. There are endless temptations everywhere, and manufacturers are competing to come up with the next superfood that no consumer can resist.
The result of this race can be seen on the streets of any metropolis. According to statistics, almost every second inhabitant of developed countries is overweight. Obesity, unfortunately, leads to problems not only in aesthetics and self-esteem, but also to serious consequences for the body,
The risk of many diseases is directly proportional to the amount of excess weight:
- heart problems,
- gastrointestinal diseases,
- reproductive disorders.
And this is only a small part of the possible diseases that occur when the diet is not followed.
The good news is that in recent years, taking care of the condition of your body has begun to come into fashion: more and more calls to play sports are heard from the state, public organizations, organic and dietary products have appeared on store shelves, advice on how to eat right is distributed in the press. .
Basics of healthy eating, or how to eat right
When compiling a healthy diet menu, there are a few general rules to keep in mind:
Firstly, eat often and in small portions. It is most convenient to get yourself a small plate, in which a handful-sized portion is placed. No need to be afraid of hunger! A healthy diet involves 5-6 meals a day. It is also good to accustom yourself to eat at the same time – this stabilizes the work of the stomach and will contribute to weight loss.
Secondly, be mindful of calories. There is no need to scrupulously calculate them throughout your life every time after eating, it is enough to follow your diet for a week or two, and the habit of automatically “estimating” the calorie content of food will appear by itself. Everyone has their own calorie norm, you can find it out, for example, using a special calculator that is easy to find on the Internet. For example, a woman of 30 years old, weighing 70 kg with a height of 170 cm and little physical activity per day needs about 2000 kcal. To lose weight, you need to consume 80% of calories from the norm, that is, in our example, about 1600 kcal per day. Additionally, there is no point in cutting the diet – the body will simply slow down the metabolism, and the harm from such a diet is more than good.
Thirdly, keep a balance between “income” and “expenses”, that is, the energy that the body spends on basic metabolism, work, sports, and caloric intake. Food includes four main components: proteins, fats, carbohydrates and dietary fiber – all of them are necessary for our body. The only question is which of them (fats and carbohydrates are different), in what quantities and proportions to use.
Approximate recommended indicators:
- 60 g fat,
- 75 g of proteins,
- 250 g carbohydrates
- 30 g fiber.
Fourth, drink water. Often we do not want to eat, our body simply takes the lack of fluid for hunger and makes us eat what we do not really need. One and a half or more liters of clean drinking water will help get rid of pseudo-hunger, make the skin more elastic, improve the general condition of the body, and speed up the metabolic process.
Fifth, choose products wisely. Read the labels, the composition and calorie content of products, exclude from the diet:
- fast food,
- mayonnaise sauces,
- products with chemical additives, preservatives, dyes.
You must know what you eat, and then the path to beauty and health will be fast and enjoyable.
What foods are healthy?
Let’s try to answer the age-old question “what to eat to lose weight?”. The main thing when compiling a menu for a healthy diet is to maintain a balance between expenses and consumed products.
So, be sure to include in the diet of a healthy diet for every day:
- cereals, in the form of cereals and muesli, rich in slow carbohydrates that will provide our body with energy;
- fresh vegetables (cabbage, carrots) provide the body with dietary fiber – fiber;
- legumes – a rich source of vegetable protein, especially necessary for those who rarely or do not eat meat;
- nuts, especially walnuts and almonds, have a beneficial effect on the entire body and are a source of omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, trace elements;
- fermented milk products: natural yoghurts (without added sugar), kefir, low-fat cottage cheese provide calcium and improve the functioning of the digestive tract;
- sea fish contains protein and omega-3 essential fatty acids;
- fruits and berries are a storehouse of vitamins, heal the skin and protect the body from diseases;
- lean meat – chicken breast, rabbit meat, beef – a source of protein.
From drinks it is recommended to use:
- mineral water,
- green tea,
- natural freshly squeezed juices, preferably vegetable.
Useful products should not contain preservatives, artificial colors, palm oil. It is better to limit pickles, you can treat yourself to them from time to time, but you should not get carried away.
If you have a problem of excess weight, sugar should be completely abandoned, even if you have a sweet tooth and can’t do without a cup of sweet coffee in the morning – sweeteners will solve this problem. Do not be afraid of them, high-quality natural-based substitutes are harmless, contain virtually no calories and taste good.
Under strict ban! (what not to eat)
We have decided on useful products, let’s look at the list of foods that are incompatible with a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition:
- Sweet carbonated drinks. They do not quench thirst, irritate the gastric mucosa, as a rule, contain a monstrous amount of sugar – about 20 g in each glass, artificial colors and flavors, preservatives.
- Deep fried food. French fries, chips, crackers and everything that is fried in a lot of oil should be crossed out of the diet. Carcinogens, lack of nutrients and fat are not what a healthy body needs.
- Burgers, hot dogs. All such dishes contain a mixture of white bread, fatty sauces, meat of unknown origin, appetizing seasonings and a lot of salt. What do we get as a result? A real high-calorie “bomb”, which instantly turns into folds on the body and does not carry any nutritional value.
- Mayonnaise and similar sauces. Firstly, they completely hide the natural taste of food under spices and additives, forcing them to eat more, and secondly, almost all mayonnaise sauces from the store are almost pure fat, generously seasoned with preservatives, flavors, stabilizers and other harmful substances.
- Sausages, frankfurters and meat products. This point hardly needs any clarification – just read the product label. And that’s just the official data! Remember that under the items “pork, beef” in the composition, the skin, cartilage, fat are most often hidden, which you would hardly eat if they were not so skillfully processed and beautifully packaged.
- Energetic drinks. They contain a high dose of caffeine combined with sugar and acidity, plus preservatives, dyes and many other ingredients that should be avoided.
- Fast food meals. Noodles, mashed potatoes and similar mixtures, which are enough to pour boiling water, instead of nutrients contain a large amount of carbohydrates, salt, spices, flavor enhancers and other chemical additives.
- Flourish and sweet. Yes, our favorite sweets are one of the most dangerous foods. The problem is not only high calorie content: the combination of flour, sweet and fatty foods multiplies the harm several times and instantly affects the figure.
- Packaged juices. Vitamins and other useful substances almost completely disappear during processing. What would be the use of a concentrate diluted with water and flavored with a fair amount of sugar?
- Alcohol. Enough has already been said about its harm to the body, we will only once again note that alcohol contains calories, increases appetite, interferes with the absorption of nutrients, and if the minimum doses are not observed, it slowly destroys the body, because ethanol is a cellular poison.
The transition to a balanced healthy diet will not be a burden if you follow simple recommendations.
Firstly, don’t starve yourself. If you feel discomfort, eat an apple, some nuts, dried fruits or muesli.
Secondly, drink plenty and choose healthy drinks. Chicory contributes well to weight loss – it suppresses the feeling of hunger due to the large amount of fibers in the composition, it has a beneficial effect on the body. Green tea is also useful, especially with ginger.
Diversify your diet! The more different healthy foods you consume, the more the body receives various
- amino acids.
If you really want something forbidden – eat it for breakfast. Of course, it is better to give up harmful products altogether, but at first the thought that sometimes you can still treat yourself helps.
The less unnatural ingredients in food, the better. If you want to eat healthy foods, it is better to choose a piece of meat instead of sausage, fresh vegetables instead of canned ones, muesli instead of buns.
We make a menu “Healthy and proper nutrition”
How to start eating right? First of all, you need to find out how many calories your body needs. Let’s say it’s 2000 kcal daily. In order to lose weight, you need to consume 1600 kcal per day, distributing them over 5-6 meals.
So, let’s make a healthy food menu for every day:
Should be rich in slow carbohydrates and proteins, it can include:
- oatmeal, muesli or grain bread;
- kefir, unsweetened yogurt or a piece of cheese.
Light snack between breakfast and lunch:
- any fruit weighing approximately 100-200 grams, or some nuts, dried fruits;
- 100 grams of cottage cheese or unsweetened yogurt.
should be the most significant meal of the day:
- 100 grams of buckwheat or brown rice, durum flour pasta. You can add carrots, onions, peppers to the dish;
- boiled chicken breast;
- Salad of fresh vegetables dressed with yogurt, a small amount of soy sauce or linseed, olive oil.
Between lunch and dinner, another light meal:
- A small fruit or a glass of freshly squeezed juice, preferably from vegetables.
Light and Delicious:
- 100-200 grams of lean beef, rabbit, turkey, chicken, fish or legumes;
- Salad of cabbage, carrots and other vegetables rich in fiber.
And finally a couple of hours before bedtime:
- A glass of kefir, chicory or drinking unsweetened yogurt.
Throughout the day, water, green tea and chicory drinks with natural extracts of rose hips, ginger or ginseng can be consumed in unlimited quantities.
Portion sizes are approximate and will depend on individual parameters – daily calorie intake, weight loss rate and other individual factors. In any case, it is better to consult a nutritionist.