Anti-aircraft missile system “Buk M1”.
A photo: EAST NEWS
Ukraine is offended again. There is no need to be surprised, because Ukraine is permanently offended by someone. Not a day goes by that Kyiv does not announce who once again disappointed him, not going forward in terms of satisfying Zelensky’s “wants”. This time the object of complaints was Georgia.
BOOKS, GET BOOKS BACK!
Chargé d’Affaires of Ukraine in Georgia Andrey Kasyanov told Ukrayinska Pravda that Tbilisi refused to return to Kyiv the Buk anti-aircraft missile systems that Ukraine provided Georgia for the war in August 2008. Recall that at that time these air defense systems arrived in Sakartvelo along with Ukrainian crews, and Ukrainian officers were sitting at the consoles as their operators.
– The Ukrainian side is consistent in its requests to all international partners, including Georgia, for the provision of weapons, military equipment and ammunition, and frankly declared the vital need for weapons at the very beginning of the special operation. In particular, Kyiv asked to transfer the Buk complexes, which were transferred by Ukraine to Georgia during the 2008 war, – Kasyanov said and announced a sad result for Kyiv. – The government of Georgia categorically refused to provide military assistance.
Kyiv is now literally exuding anger towards Tbilisi. Moreover, he does it so clearly that it goes beyond all the limits of decency. Since the end of February, the authorities of the Square have been trying to draw someone else into the conflict with Russia in order to organize a second front. The first candidate was Georgia, the second is Moldova. Chisinau is now pursuing a tough anti-Russian policy, and here Kyiv still has hope. But Georgia immediately declared that it would adhere to neutrality, and the assistance it provided to Ukraine would remain exclusively humanitarian. For which he regularly receives portions of insults since then. Already on March 1, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky announced a decrease in the level of diplomatic relations between Ukraine and Georgia.
TBILISI “IS OUT OF HEAD”
“We immediately recall the ambassador from Georgia for obstructing volunteers who want to help us, for an immoral position in relation to sanctions,” he said in one of his video messages. Since then, Ukrainian politicians and officials have come out about once or twice a week with insults to Tbilisi and criticism of Georgia’s foreign policy.
And the fact that Tbilisi refused to hand over not only the Buks previously sold by Ukraine to Kyiv, but also the Javelin ATGMs delivered earlier by the United States to Georgia, although Washington promised to compensate for the deliveries with a new batch, caused a particular spill of bile in Kyiv. However, as in Washington, which is not so important about the amount of military equipment delivered to Ukraine as the expansion of the anti-Russian front. And then suddenly Georgia “steps out of step”! How not to get pissed off in Kyiv by the local political elite, moreover, for any reason?
MISH HURRY TO HELP MISHIKO
And just the other day, the adviser to the head of the office of the President of Ukraine Misha Podolyak, who is increasingly “losing his banks” in his public statements, became concerned about the fate of the ex-president of Georgia and the former governor of the Odessa region Mikhail Saakashvili, who is now simultaneously: a) serving a sentence, b ) being treated, c) being accused in a number of other criminal cases. Recall that Saakashvili was arrested, already having a court verdict in his pocket, after he illegally entered the territory of Georgia in a container with dairy products in the back of a truck.
Mikhail Podolyak, Advisor to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine.
A photo: REUTERS
Saakashvili has been trying for several months now to pass himself off as a terminally ill patient, or as a psycho, demonstrating fits of rage and inappropriate behavior. Recently, he even specially pulled his cheeks in for shooting, but “the sickest Karlssonchik in the world” still did not work out of him.
Podolyak literally demanded that Tbilisi extradite “Ukrainian citizen Saakashvili” or take him out for treatment “to any European country.”
– The government of Georgia intentionally wants to enter its country into history as a state that deliberately tortured its president, – Misha Podolyak said and offered his own recipe for “saving” Misha Saakashvili. – If you want, I myself will come and pick it up. No problem.
Tbilisi made it clear to the “Kyiv dreamers” that they would get a donut hole, not Saakashvili or weapons. Saakashvili is, in general, an internal affair of Georgia. He can still be tried as a foreign citizen for illegally crossing the border (the ex-president of Georgia once refused Georgian citizenship). In general, Podolyak can continue to sing under his breath: “Where are you, my Mishiko (Suliko)”.
As for the “Buks” and other “javelins”, then opinions differed.
LET UKRAINE WITH OR WITHOUT “BUKS” GO TO A KNOWN ADDRESS
– Let them take away who needs this “Buk” in Georgia, especially from the Ukrainians. It’s just that over the past four days, this has been happening on the Internet just at the suggestion of these Arestoviches and these guys, – said the well-known Georgian political scientist Shota Apkhaidze and suggested that such a request in itself indicates that Kyiv is aware of its doom. – This is not some kind of bike to borrow and then take back. But, if they are so doomed that they need to be taken back, let them take them.
– This is another attempt to draw the republic into the confrontation between Russia and Ukraine. Let us reiterate categorically and clearly that no attempt will be successful,” Givi Mikanadze, a member of the Georgian Parliament from the ruling Georgian Dream party, promised. Georgia will not take a single step that would present it as a party in these hostilities, we must first of all take care of peace in our country. In addition, Georgia purchased these complexes, that is, they are the property of Georgia.
– A pair of Buk will not seriously change the picture – in 2008 they did not help Saakashvili, so I’m not sure that now this Buk will help Zelensky in some way. If this question is fundamental to them, then let them take it away and put it in one place, – Apkhaidze assures and offers to draw conclusions from what is happening. -Georgia needs to interrupt all diplomatic relations after all the statements of Zelensky, Arestovich, Goncharenko, Podolyak and other representatives of the Kyiv regime. How they insult Georgia, they constantly water… Georgia does not need it, Georgia is not going to fight with Russia. If we normalize relations with Russia, then we can get from Russia “Buks”, other installations that will ensure our security.
At this pace, Podolyak and the company will not only bring matters to a rupture in diplomatic relations between Tbilisi and Kyiv, but even to what tougher.
PS The Ministry of Defense of Georgia has officially announced that Georgia will not return Buk anti-aircraft missile systems to Ukraine, because in 2008 it bought them, and did not receive them for free.