Head of the Communist Party Gennady Zyuganov.
A photo: Vladimir VELENGURIN
– … Gennady Andreyevich, what do Russians expect from referendums in the DPR, LPR, Zaporozhye and Kherson regions? And – why the appeals of Vladimir Putin and Sergei Gofgu were timed to coincide with this political campaign
– It is quite obvious that this is the Russian world, which was occupied by the Nazis, fascists and Bendera.
A world that was forbidden to speak its native language.
For the first time in history, I meet this ugly phenomenon in such a massive manner.
Well, there was a time when part of Belarus, almost 4 million, were under the Poles, they were forbidden to speak Belarusian and Russian, and write, and study.
– And how did it end?
– It ended with the liberation of the Red Army and their accession to their homeland, and they successfully live and develop.
And here I am absolutely sure that people are well aware that they fell into the clutches of predators, into the clutches of the Nazis, into the clutches of non-humans who do not respect our culture, traditions, or language.
Therefore, we must calmly vote in a referendum, return to our homeland, and move on. In my opinion, this is natural and normal.
The first thing that these gentlemen did after the illegal seizure of power in Kyiv – and not even gentlemen, but these criminals – forbade people to speak Russian, began to bomb Lugansk, Donetsk, and mocked people for eight years. And now they continue to mock.
Therefore, we must be consistent and we must help people return to their roots, to their origins.
And we must help liberate Ukraine completely, because it is not independent.
I recently looked at the reports – that’s just going to Germany, at a military base, the military ministers of NATO. And they determined there how many shells to put on Ukraine, where the Ukrainian soldiers should shoot, who to beat, who to aim at, how much they should be paid for it.
They considered Russians and Ukrainians as consumables for the realization of their geopolitical interests. They don’t have enough today. In 1991, they seemed to have had enough of the collapse of the USSR, which they organized, helped Gorbachev, Yeltsin, then they destroyed 85,000 enterprises. It is not enough for them that we abandoned our faith, traditions and culture. And now, when they said – no, we still would like to live on our own – so they are, in fact, waging a large scale war.
Therefore, it is necessary to support, first of all, the liberation of people and restore their destroyed homeland
– What do Russians expect from these referendums, in your opinion?
– And the Russians expect these referendums, I think, to strengthen their self-esteem. Look how many years we endured when the Baltic republics mocked – and continue to do so – over our people, over our shrines, our symbols, our memory. This number does not work in Donbass. And this is the main point of this special operation.
Protecting the Russian world is the main issue in Ukraine and Donbas.
Will our citizens benefit from this?
– We all win. Because NATO and the Americans do not see us, citizens of Russia, as an independent, independent, integral state. Do not see. They declared war and continue to destroy. Either we will understand that this is happening and start defending ourselves in time, or they will choke to the last. That’s what we need to defend and fight. Moreover, we protect our friends, brothers, our comrades, relatives. We must complete this work, do not be afraid.
– Thank you very much