This is the most massive project in terms of the number of co-authors. Recall that almost 400 deputies took part in its development.
A photo: Vladimir VELENGURIN
This is the most massive project in terms of the number of co-authors. It should be reminded that almost 400 deputies took part in its development (in total, 450 sit in the Duma). Based on this alone, we can assume that there will be no snags in the second and third readings. Although speaker Vyacheslav Volodin hinted that there may be some tightening in the document during its passage through parliament.
The legislative initiative is about a complete ban on propaganda (consider mentioning) LGBT people, pedophilia and tougher penalties for it. As soon as the package of amendments is adopted, a demonstration of something from this topic, or a discussion, and even more so an inducement to change sex, will be punished by severe fines. Restrictions will affect the media, the Internet, books, movies, advertising, personal pages on social networks. Everything that is shown in the public domain! Moreover, the fines will be a record for the entire history of the Administrative Code (see table).
Recall that since 2013, Russia has had a law “On the protection of children from information harmful to their health and development”, which already contains prohibitions on the promotion of non-traditional values among minors. There are also penalties for this. It is these laws that are planned to be amended. Namely:
– Added two new paragraphs “on the promotion of pedophilia” and “on the dissemination of information among minors, demonstrating non-traditional sexual relations and/or preferences/method of sex change”.
– Propaganda among minors, as well as using the Internet or the media will be considered an aggravating circumstance.
– In addition, legislators want to tighten advertising requirements, introduce additional barriers (possibly a paid subscription) to 18+ content
For LGBT propaganda
– from 50,000 to 400,000 for an individual
– from 100,000 to 800,000 for an official
– from 800,000 to 5 million and / or suspension of activities for up to 3 months for a legal entity
For promoting pedophilia
– from 200,000 to 800,000 – for an individual
– from 400,000 to 2 million for an official
– from 1 million to 10 million and / or suspension of activities for up to 3 months for legal entities
For foreigners and foreign legal entities, the sanctions are even more severe, up to expulsion from Russia.