A special request from local administrations is now for teachers – after all, the new academic year is just around the corner.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
During the first day of the center’s work, more than 100 people applied here. Citizens are not used to sitting idle, they want to work and help the region.
– At first, the three of us received visitors, now we have ten employees, – says the director of the Employment Center Svetlana Medvedkova. – Actively form the database of job seekers and employers. In the format of a job fair, we organize meetings of business leaders with those who need a job.
The office opens at 9.00, and active reception of citizens continues until 15.00, and after that, specialists are engaged in data processing. It is enough for the unemployed to come and fill out an application form. A resume is welcome, but not required.
– The specialist enters the data of the applicant into the database and immediately offers suitable vacancies. If the person agrees, we issue a referral to the enterprise,” explains Medvedkova. – And we even get to know each other on the spot. For example, a specialist from the personnel department from the railway came to recruit a group of builders: we invited everyone to our hall, where the interview took place. Now the group application has come from the Ministry of Emergency Situations. We will also invite people and decide everything on the spot.
FROM TEENAGERS TO PENSIONERS
Although not everything has been adjusted yet, the employees of the Employment Center are happy with the flow of residents of the region, and the visitors are grateful for the opportunity to find a good job. They say: “It’s good that you finally opened.” Moreover, both teenagers and pensioners are actively looking for work.
– As soon as we opened the doors, three guys of 15 years old came. They say: “We want to work!” They filled out applications, but so far they are not sixteen – there were no such options with a reduced working day. But we mean the guys – the workers were imbued with the desire of the boys.
Pensioners also come in the hope of additional earnings for retirement. Basically ready to engage in cleaning, security, gardening.
HIGH DEMAND FOR TEACHERS AND ECONOMISTS
Working hands are needed in all industries, says Svetlana Medvedkova. But there are also those where today there is a real shortage of personnel.
– Now we are actively engaged in the formation of a group of builders to restore Kakhovka after the shelling: we need about two hundred people of different specialties. There is a very big request from the administrations: they need qualified employees with higher education, – lists the director of the Employment Center. – Enterprises cannot do without economists and accountants, schools and kindergartens cannot do without teachers and educators. Also a big request. Also, in cooperation with the heads of district administrations, we are developing a project to attract unqualified specialists to clean the streets with payment through the Employment Center, that is, with the preservation of the local budget.
On the first day of work, the Employment Center received more than a hundred people. Photo: Svetlana Medvedkova
BRANCHES IN THE REGIONS
In just the first four days after the opening, the regional Employment Center received about 350 unemployed people and up to 20 enterprises, mostly state-owned.
There is a lot of work ahead. It is necessary to automate processes, create a website, a channel in Telegram. Practice shows that here the news is read most actively.
Active work is also underway to open regional branches. Of the 18 districts of the Kherson region, in ten representative offices are ready to open just about, in three there are still hostilities, and in five the heads of district administrations have not yet been appointed.
– I think that soon we will be approached with a vacancy to fill the position of heads of administrations of the new liberated regions. Will seek! – employees of the center are ready for any challenges.
The regional employment center in Kherson receives visitors on weekdays at the address: Stretenskaya (Rozy Luxembourg) street, 7a, second floor.