Yuri Shatunov passed away at the age of 48.
A photo: Alexey BULATOV
The other day two talented performers passed away at once popular music. Yuri Shatunov, star of the 90s and soloist of the group “Tender May”, died of acute heart failure. The artist was 48 years old. The author of the hit “Chocolate Bunny” and a native of the “Star Factory” project, Pierre Narcisse, died at the age of 45 due to complications during a kidney operation, provoked, among other things, by gout. What is it, a fatal age for the stars, to which their body is already becoming unusable? Or is it a new sign of our time and no one is safe from early death in conditions of increased stress of today’s life? “Komsomolskaya Pravda” asked the doctor – endocrinologist, candidate of medical sciences, senior researcher at the Faculty of Fundamental Medicine of Moscow State University, author channel “Doctor Pavlova” and the book “Deception of Substances” by Zukhra Pavlova.
Premature death, especially in men, overtakes not only stars and celebrities. Ordinary, non-public people also suffer from cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases, and gout. And lifestyle is key here, the doctor says.
– I’ll give you an example from life. I was waiting for my turn in one institution and saw men walking past me. Of the 20 people, only three did not have excess weight, belly, – says Zukhra Pavlova. – A big belly – even if a man looks slim from the back – this is always an increased risk of cardiovascular diseases, including heart attacks and strokes. Kidney disease, gout are also, as a rule, the consequences of being overweight and malnutrition. Yes, the gout disease is also called the “disease of kings”, but this does not mean that it is inherited and only to blue-blooded people. This means that people ate very richly, ate a lot of meat, drank a lot of wine. As a consequence of such abundance – large and obese bodies.
EARLY DEATH IS THE LOT OF MEN?
Women are more stress-resistant than men, the doctor notes. This is one of the reasons for the longer life expectancy among ladies.
– Nature is such that the balance of hormones protects women. In addition, girls more often give vent to their emotions, scream, cry. And thus they protect their body from the accumulation of stress, from constant and destructive destruction, says Zukhra Pavlova. – The same menstrual cycle is, in fact, such a monthly “patching of blood vessels” from the inside. A woman of reproductive age, figuratively speaking, goes through rejuvenation every month. Men don’t have that. The risks of kidney stones, strokes, heart attacks, gout are compared in men and women after a woman enters the age of menopause.
LOAD PER STAR
It happens that a stellar lifestyle provokes artists to become addicted to psychoactive substances, alcohol and more.
– At first it can be a search for inspiration, then – the path to relaxation, stress relief, – says Dr. Pavlova. – Of course, alcohol or other means – stimulants do not contribute to health. But the fact that we hear the names of celebrities who died early does not mean that ordinary people are dying less. A lot of people die from cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases, and at a fairly young age. This is what medical statistics tell us.
HOW TO PRESERVE HEALTH AND PROLONG LIFE
6 main rules
1. Quit smoking. This will reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by more than 50%.
2. Reduce the amount of alcohol and any stimulants.
3. Physical activity is the cornerstone in maintaining a healthy heart, and indeed the whole body.
– Exercise relieves us of stress. Have you noticed that when a person is nervous, he begins to pace around the room, or even rush about like a caged animal? This is a defensive reaction, – explains Zukhra Pavlova. – It’s just that many people still start smoking at the same time, and this only aggravates the situation. Physical activity is a great way to reduce the aggressive effects of stress on the body. Therefore, when a person regularly plays sports, even just walks or participates in affordable health programs in parks, this is a great contribution to a future healthy old age.
Look for simple and convenient solutions for yourself. For example, walk part of the way to work.
4. Normal sleep is very important. It helps to recover after a normal day, and after a stressful one, when you had to work hard and get nervous.
– Sleep is the best medicine. Therefore, when a person tells me that he leaves time at night for himself to do some favorite things, when everyone in the house has already gone to bed, then this, in fact, is not time for himself, but robbing himself, – says Zukhra Pavlova. – So you steal your resources, which are left to you by nature for a prosperous, and not infirm, old age.
5. Eat NOT fast food! No sport can handle fast food, at least in the long run.
6. If you find yourself in a situation of severe stress, and it dragged on, do not hesitate to contact mental health specialists, psychologists and psychotherapists.
“There is still an opinion that if something happens, a bottle of wine and a conversation with a friend will help, but this only drives the situation into a chronic state even more,” says Zukhra Pavlova. So don’t wait too long. If you can’t cope, go to a specialist, for this now there are all possibilities. Do not want to see psychologists and psychotherapists? There are health groups. I once walked around Gorky Park and saw how someone was running there, someone was doing yoga, even those who were just passing by joined the groups. No special skills required, no fees. And such activities are both socialization, and new contacts, and physical activity under the supervision of a specialist.
To prevent people from dying at a young age, it is helpful to have regular basic blood tests and a general check-up. Residents of the capital can use the Healthy Moscow pavilions.
“Blood tests, ECG, these basic examinations will allow doctors, as they say, to catch a person at the stage of the onset of the development of the disease, they will not let them slide into the abyss,” says doctor Zukhra Pavlova. – No need to wait until a heart attack or stroke strikes, the golden medicine is preventive. Treatment of an already formed disease always implies deprivation of something, it is better not to bring it to this.