Russian President Vladimir Putin.
A photo: REUTERS
Key quotes from Vladimir Putin’s address on September 30, 2022
One more step has been taken so that the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions become part of Russia. After summing up the results of the referendums, on Friday, September 30, Vladimir Putin and the heads of four regions signed agreements on the emergence of new subjects of the country. The documents will finally enter into force after the approval of the Constitutional Court and both houses of parliament.
The signing ceremony took place in the Georgievsky Hall of the Grand Kremlin Palace. At the very beginning, Vladimir Putin delivered a long welcoming speech. 10 times senators, deputies and ministers interrupted the president with applause.
“I am sure that the Federal Assembly will support the constitutional laws on the adoption and formation in Russia of four new regions, four new subjects of the Russian Federation, because this is the will of millions of people,” the president said.
The head of the country had to take a break, because the audience burst into applause for the first time.
– Behind the choice of people is our common destiny and a thousand-year history. People carried through the years love for Russia. No one can destroy this feeling. That is why the youth, who did not live in the Soviet Union, voted for unity, the Russian leader added.
– In 1991, a great country was destroyed, the inhabitants were confronted with a fait accompli. But this is no longer important – the Soviet Union is gone. The past cannot be returned, and Russia does not need it either. But there is nothing stronger than the aspirations of the millions who consider themselves part of Russia! The people had their say.
I want to be heard: people in the Luhansk and Donetsk republics, in Zaporozhye and Kherson become our citizens forever.
I call for an immediate ceasefire and return to the negotiating table. We will not discuss the choice of peoples – it has been made. Russia will not betray him.
THIS IS THE MISSION OF THE PEOPLE
– Today’s Kyiv authorities should treat the will of the people with respect. We will defend our land with all our might – this is the liberation mission of the Russian people. We will rebuild what was destroyed, we will restore factories, we will establish pensions. Together we will make sure that citizens feel the support of all the people, all republics and territories.
THE WEST DOES NOT NEED GREAT US
– After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the West decided that the whole world would have to put up with its dictates. The West decided that Russia would not recover from the shock and would fall apart on its own. But Russia resisted, revived, strengthened. The West was looking for a new chance to strike at us, to split the state. They are haunted by the existence of a great rich country with a people who will not live under foreign rule.
The West is ready to preserve the neo-colonial system, to collect tribute from humanity, to collect the rent of the hegemon. Hence the aggression towards independent states, an attempt to undermine uncontrolled integration processes. It is important for them that all countries surrender their sovereignty – some elites voluntarily agree to become vassals, others are bought, and if they fail to buy, entire states are destroyed.
They don’t need Russia at all. We need her.
WE WILL NOT LIVE ACCORDING TO THEIR RULES
– Who saw the rules of the West? Who coordinated them? Solid deception and triple standards! Designed for fools. We will not live by such rigged rules!