News

821 people evacuated from Donetsk region in two days

During August 1 and 2, 821 people were evacuated from the Donetsk region, including 185 children.

Vice Prime Minister – Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories Iryna Vereshchuk said this on the air of a telethon, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“On August 1 and 2, 821 people managed to leave the Donetsk region, including 185 children, as well as 49 people with limited mobility,” Vereshchuk said.

Read also: Per day invaders inflicted 24 strike on Donetsk region

She also noted that people were evacuated mainly to the central regions of Ukraine, to the Kirovograd region, Poltava region, Zhytomyr region, Rivne region and Vinnytsia region.

Vereshchuk noted that more than 500 thousand people will move from dangerous regions in a month or two and will seek shelter in the central and western regions.

According to her, people’s greatest fear of evacuation is that they do not know what awaits them, because people do not have information that the state will take care of them – they will bring, settle, give help and the opportunity to spend the winter. Therefore, the Minister for Reintegration calls on the media to publish and convey to people information about where to call in order to help the population from dangerous regions in evacuation and resettlement.

As reported, Russian troops are constantly shelling the Donetsk region, killing and injuring citizens, destroying the civilian infrastructure of the region’s settlements. There has been no gas supply in the region for a long time, and in many settlements there is no water supply either. The enemy makes attempts to break through the Ukrainian defenses in several directions, but is unsuccessful and returns to their previous positions.

Read also: On the Kirovograd region at night arrived second evacuation train from Donetsk region

By the autumn-winter period, no more than 235 thousand people should remain in the Donetsk region, involved in the process of defense and supporting the operation of critical infrastructure, the rest should all be evacuated. Until February 24, 1 million 670 thousand people permanently lived in the Donetsk region.

Vereshchuk previously reported that mandatory evacuation from the Donetsk region had begun. The first train arrived on the morning of August 2 in Kropyvnytskyi.

Photo: GU GSChS in Donetsk region

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button