In Southern China, a man was hailed a hero after he caught a young boy falling from the third floor of a building.
What happened: On Oct. 9 in the city of Shangrao, a man caught a 5-year-old boy falling from the third floor of a building in an industrial park as seen on surveillance footage, reported Newsflare.
- The man who saved the boy was identified as Li Wenjun. He spotted the dangerous incident and ran to save him.
- According to the reports, the boy had been playing inside a closed hotel on the building’s third floor when he fell.
- While the 5-year-old suffered from minor injuries, Li suffered a broken nose and received eight stitches for a wound on his head.
Reactions: Li received praise on social media when NowThis News reposted the surveillance footage on Instagram.
- One user, whose comment received the most likes, said, “Talking about being at the right place at the right time,” with heart emojis.
- “Bless him,” another user commented.
- One person in the comment section took the post as a reminder of what must be done in incidents like this. He wrote, “people in America, take notes. Don’t just record with your phones, do something.”
Featured Image via Newsflare
Support our Journalism with a Contribution
Many people might not know this, but despite our large and loyal following which we are immensely grateful for, NextShark is still a small bootstrapped startup that runs on no outside funding or loans.
Everything you see today is built on the backs of warriors who have sacrificed opportunities to help give Asians all over the world a bigger voice.
However, we still face many trials and tribulations in our industry, from figuring out the most sustainable business model for independent media companies to facing the current COVID-19 pandemic decimating advertising revenues across the board.
We hope you consider making a contribution so we can continue to provide you with quality content that informs, educates and inspires the Asian community.
Even a $1 contribution goes a long way. Thank you for everyone’s support. We love you all and can’t appreciate you guys enough.