The United States Department of State published the instructions to participate in the Visa Lottery corresponding to fiscal year 2024specifying the list of countries that are eligible for the next draw in which it appears, for the second consecutive yearPeru. For this mechanism, which is already traditional every year, the North American State announced that 55 thousand permanent legal residencesalso known as Green Card.
The rules of the contest were announced through your website The rules of the contest were announced. Applications are submitted electronically from October 5 to noon on November 8.
The application to participate in the Visa Lottery 2024 is available in the DOS digital page from noon on October 5. The forms must be filled out in English. Here are the most frequent errors:
– Request help from strange third parties: It is one of the most important tips that the US Department of State emphasizes for Visa Lottery registration. Sometimes and especially for this type of procedure, there are people who are dedicated to “fraud”.
– Fill out the application without having the educational level: The call indicates that the minimum educational level must be met (primary and secondary education equivalent to 12 years) or have two years of work experience in the last five in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience.
– Perform the process more than once: The selection system has sophisticated software and can detect repeated requests and discard the person in question.
– Complete their names or surnames incorrectly: Therefore it is recommended Check that the personal data is correctly entered. It is also recommended not to send photos that are more than six months old.
– Fill out the form within the stipulated time: The form must be filled out immediately, since it does not allow saving and then continuing to fill in the information. It should be noted that you only have 60 minutes once your registration begins.
– Participate without being a candidate for the visa lottery: The call specifies the restrictions and conditions for the participants, applications will not be accepted after time and less to those who do not meet everything that is needed to be candidates.
– Do not check that the request at the end: In case you think you have finished filling everything, send and then the application number does not appear, then the system did not save it. Only in that case you will have to do everything again.
Participants will be able Submit your applications until November 8, 2022. The program recommends not waiting until the last week of the registration period to participate, as high demand may cause delays on the website.
“Late or paper registrations will not be accepted. The law allows only one entry per person during each entry period. The State Department uses sophisticated technology to detect multiple entries. Submission of more than one entry for a person will disqualify all entries for that person.”, they indicated.
The Electronic Diversity Visa Entry Form (Intake Form E-DV or DS-5501) will be online at dvprogram.state.gov. Incomplete entries or entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
The request has no additional cost and it is recommended to use an up-to-date browser when submitting the form, as older browsers (Internet Explorer 8, for example) are likely to encounter problems with the online DV system.
Likewise, it is important to save the verification code of your request, since without it you will not be able to check if you were one of the chosen ones or winners of the long-awaited green card to reside in the United States.