Volume diet: how to increase muscle mass with this nutritional plan?

(Signature: Iván Cernadas) There is a saying that 70 percent is nutrition and the remaining 30 is exercise. It is clear that A correct diet and nutrition is essential when it comes to training and getting the body you want.

The key to gaining weight and muscle mass is knowing how to combine diet and exercise. A volume diet or to increase muscle mass is perfect for those athletes looking to increase their weight and muscle gain.

Whatever the reason you are looking for greater muscle performance, there are different approaches and aspects to take into account if you want to go on a diet to achieve this goal.

Below, you will find a guide with the most popular diets to gain muscle mass, as well as a series of recommendations and tips to follow if you decide to follow a volume diet.

Types of diets to increase muscle mass: Which are the best known?

The increase in muscle mass is one of the main reasons why many people decide to go to the gym to do weights day in and day out.

However, the key is not so much the number of times you go to the gym, (which is important), but more knowing what to eat and when to eat it. Pay attention to food or volume diets and choose the one that suits your lifestyle and weight.

Some bulking diets focus on eating a certain food groupFor example, those rich in protein such as chicken, salmon, nuts, eggs and legumes.

Other diets do not focus on protein and seek to reduce the intake of low-carbohydrate foods such as bread and cereals and rich in healthy fats such as olive oil and avocado.

This type of diet is known as keto or ketogenic since it causes the formation of ketosis in the body. This metabolic situation called ketosis gives its name to the keto diet and is characterized by the ease of the body when it comes to burning fat and converting it into muscle.

Another more popular approach is eating a diet high in protein foods and low in carbohydrates. In this type of diet, look for the Pareto or 80/20 rule, that is, consume 80 percent healthy food and the rest or 20 percent eat unhealthy food.

Here’s how this method works: For 80 percent of your week, you’re eating healthy, protein sources like lean meats, fish, eggs, and dairy. The rest of the time, a day or two a week you can afford to eat junk food.

Pizzas, hamburgers, ice creams, beers and other foods are always allowed as long as they do not exceed that 20 percent of the time.

Exercise routines and recommendations to take into account

To increase muscle mass it is not only necessary to pay attention to what you eat, but also to the exercise you do.

Of course, a key is very important: it is a priority to get more calories than you spend. The body needs volume and gets it from the food you eat.

But to transform these calories into muscle you have to know how to train. The key is hypertrophy: that is, pushing your muscles to the limit.

It is of little use to do many sets of exercises, lift many weights and take protein every day unless you rest and take your muscles to a breaking point.

That is, do not stop when you feel pain as it leads to hypertrophy. Though It is not about not stopping in the face of pain, but about distinguishing that sensation of heat or burning next to pain when you lift.

Another effective way to increase lean muscle tissue is combine resistance exercises in your gym routines. Thus, you strengthen your muscles so that they increase their lean muscle mass.

It does not matter if they are basic exercises such as squats, lunges or push-ups, Regular resistance training and anaerobic activities improve and enhance muscle hypertrophy.

In summary, stay with the following:

  • Eat more calories than you expend.
  • Make a weight and bodybuilding plan according to your weight and age.
  • Combine weights with resistance exercises.
  • Choose a volume diet that suits you.
  • Don’t skip meals.
  • Drink water regularly.
  • Eat foods rich in protein: fish, eggs, chicken and turkey.

Choosing a bulking diet and knowing what to eat is important for building muscle, but you also need to pay attention to exercise. In case of doubt, consult a nutritionist or gym trainer and let yourself be advised by them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button